Languages:

Phone: +30 2752028021, +30 2752025562

  • 1.jpg
  • 2.jpg
  • 3.jpg
  • 4.jpg
  • 5.jpg

Sights

Tolo Beach

Tolo Beach

Located 12 km south of Nafplion, and most of the picturesque village is situated in a beautiful cove of the bay. The picture is both picturesque and undeniably romantic.

Tolo has a beautiful beach, which has - in part - and the great reputation across the region. The clean sea and extensive golden sandy beach (which is aptly named the sandy beach sand) and the well organized beach, are some reasons have established Tolo beach in one of the most cosmopolitan of Nafplio. Possibility for all water sports.

There are remains of boating on two small islands inside the bay. The islet Romvi remains of the medieval castle walls and the island used to be Daskalio seminary.

Karathona Beach

Karathona Beach

At about 3 km long, stretches from behind the rock Palamidi the beautiful beach of Karathona.

Many palm trees, eucalyptus and armyrikia, govern the way that runs along the coast.

The tiny Pontikonissi, almost touching the western side of the beach, emphasizes the beauty of the beach,

which is 5 minutes from the town of Nafplio.

Archaeological Site of Tiryns

Archaeological site of Tiryns

Tiryns, archaeological site

The earliest human occupation on the hill goes back to the Neolithic period (about 5000 B.C.). It was followed by successive settlements but their remains have been destroyed almost completely by the extensive construction arrangement of the Mycenaean age. Enough evidence survived from the settlement of the Early Bronze Age (2500-2000 B.C.) to prove the existence then of a series of apsidal houses arranged around a very huge circular building (diam. 28 m) on the summit of the hill.

The building of the fortification of the hill began during the 14th century B.C. and was completed at the end of the 13th century (Late Helladic IIIB period). The Cyclopaean walls which surround the Upper, Middle and Lower Citadel, have a total perimeter of approximately 750 m and a width between 4,50 and 7 m. Within the walls were planned the wall-painted palace, the remaining public spaces, the cyclopaean tunnels leading to the storehouses and the workshops. The town divided into blockhouses extended outside the walls and around the Acropolis (about 750 acres).

After the disintegration of the palatial system (about 1200 B.C.), the Acropolis continued to be used mostly as a cult place. The site had become deserted when Pausanias visited it during the 2d century A.D.

Information

Tiryns, Tiryntha (Prefecture of Argolida)
Telephone: +30 27520 - 22.657
Fax: +30 27520 24690
Link: http://odysseus.culture.gr/h/3/eh351.jsp?obj_id=2382

Tickets

  • Full: €3
  • Reduced: €2

Free admission days

  • 6 March (in memory of Melina Mercouri)
  • 5 June (International Enviroment Day)
  • 18 April (International Monuments Day)
  • 18 May (International Museums Day)
  • The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
  • Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
  • National Holidays
  • The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and September (when the first Sunday is holiday, then the second is the free admission day.)
  • 27 September, International Tourism Day

Reduced admission for

  • Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65
  • Students from countries outside the E.U.

Free admission for

  • Journalists
  • Members of the ICOM-ICOMOS
  • Persons possessing a free admission card
  • Persons under 19
  • Soldiers carrying out their military service
  • Tour guides
  • University students from Greece and the E.U.

Arvanitia Beach

Arvanitia Beach

Arvanitia beach is a popular beach Nafplio. Spreads below Palamidi and is a cool and beautiful beach ideal for swimming and leisure time.

It is relatively small, and the length is about 200 meters. The crystal clear waters oms always awarded the Blue Flag.

Attracts the attention of bathers as they are functional and offer all the amenities of swimming enthusiasts.

So named, when the Turks in 1770 pulled down from there with thousands of Albanians who intentionally did not obey the Sultan.

Archaeological Site of Mycenae

Archaeological site of Mycenae

Mycenae 'Rich in Gold', the kingdom of mythical Agamemnon, first sung by Homer in his epics, is the most important and richest palatial centre of the Late Bronze Age in Greece. Its name was given to one of the greatest civilizations of Greek prehistory, the Mycenaean civilization, while the myths related to its history have inspired poets and writers over many centuries, from the Homeric epics and the great tragedies of the Classical period to contemporary literary and artistic creation. Perseus, son of Zeus and Dana?, daughter of Akrisios, king of Argos and descendant of Danaos, is traditionally considered as its mythical founder. Pausanias (2, 16, 3) reports that Perseus named the new city Mycenae after the pommel (mykes) of his sword, which fell there, or after the Perseia spring, discovered there under the root of a mushroom (mykes). According to the myth, Perseus's descendants reigned at Mycenae for three generations. After the last of them, Eurystheas, died childless, the Mycenaeans chose Atreus, son of Pelops, father of Agamemnon and Menelaos, as their king.

Mycenae was founded between two tall conical hills, Profitis Ilias (805 m.) and Sara (660 m.), on a low plateau dominating the Argive plain and controlling both the land and sea routes. The site was first occupied in the seventh millennium BC (Neolithic period). Very little remains of this early settlement because of continuous re-occupation up until the historical period. Most of the monuments visible today were erected in the Late Bronze Age, between 1350 and 1200 BC, when the site was at its peak. In the early second millennium BC a small settlement existed on the hill and a cemetery with simple burials on its southwest slope. Grave Circle B, a stone-built funerary enclosure containing monumental graves with rich grave gifts, indicates that the first families of rulers and aristocrats appeared at Mycenae at approximately 1700 BC. This social structure developed further in the early Mycenaean period, c. 1600 BC, when a large central building, a second funerary enclosure (Grave Circle A) and the first tholos tombs were erected on the hill. The finds from these monuments show that the powerful Mycenaean rulers participated in a complex network of commercial exchange with other parts of the Mediterranean.

Information

Mykines (Prefecture of Argolida)
Telephone: +30 27510 76585, +30 27510 76802

Link: http://odysseus.culture.gr/h/3/eh351.jsp?obj_id=2573

Tickets

  • Full: €8
  • Reduced: €4

Free admission days

  • Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
  • The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and September (when the first Sunday is holiday, then the second is the free admission day.)
  • 27 September, International Tourism Day
  • Free admission for:
  • University students from Greece and the E.U.

Contact

AGAMEMNON HOTEL

Address: Akti Miaouli 3, Nafplio, Argolis
P.C.: 21100
Email: nafplioagamemnon@gmail.com
Phone: +302752028021, +302752025562
Fax: 2752028022

Reservation